CrossFit Border Youth Development Sponsorship
According to CrossFit: Based on the principle of Mechanics, Consistency and then Intensity, CrossFit emphasises good movement throughout adolescence. Consistency and good mechanics translates to physical literacy, enhanced sports performance and fewer sports injuries. Not only that, a vast body of research indicates that exercise is beneficial to cognitive function, which means, consistent adherence to the program can have a positive impact on children’s academic achievement.
CrossFit conditions our teens to move their bodies in the way they were designed to. CrossFit enables full range of motion in joints, as well as their stabilisation by developing muscular strength. This helps to develop competency in movements and help establish a strong base to build strength or develop athletic skills.
In light of the above, CrossFit Border is looking for a young individual between the ages of 15-18 to take part in a Youth Development Case Study / Sponsorship. The individual will be offered a free 3-6 month membership at CrossFit Border, and in return, the individual will commit to 4-6 training sessions a week, logging their results and experiences in a journal/vlog and willingly taking part in additional marketing materials for CrossFit Border that promotes CrossFit.
CrossFit Border Background
In CrossFit Border was started in 2010. From the humble beginnings of a suburban garage, CrossFit Border now resides in a large and sought-after space in Tweed Heads South.
CrossFit is constantly varied functional movements performed at high intensity. All CrossFit workouts are based on functional movements, and these movements reflect the best aspects of gymnastics, weightlifting, running, rowing and more.
Under the leadership of Carly McGrath and Brenda Riley, CrossFit Border gives everyday people the opportunity to train CrossFit in an environment fuelled by friendship and comradery.
Details about the Opportunity
The successful applicant will be offered a free CrossFit Border membership for 3-6 months. In return, the successful applicant will adhere to requirements outlined in the sponsorship agreement.
To be eligible for this sponsorship you must be:
- between the ages of 15-18
- currently living within a 20km radius of CrossFit Border
- able to attend a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 6 training sessions each week in accordance with our class schedule for the period of 3-6 months
- able to attend 2 x Dexer scan or Skin Fold appointments in Brisbane (first appointment will include consultation for meal plan)
- willing to contribute and participate in the cause by way of: keeping a journal of results as well as a vlog or journal documenting your experiences and progress; maintaining an active weekly presence on social media with respect to your progress and mentioning/tagging CrossFit Border where possible; actively advocating for CrossFit Border and referring new leads where possible.
- Willing and able to follow a tailored (and very achievable) meal plan for the sponsorship term
- Willing to integrate yourself into the CrossFit Border community and be involved in gym activities, etc.
We strongly encourage applications from teens of diverse backgrounds. CrossFit prides itself on being 100% inclusive and, for a lot of CrossFit Border members, plays an integral role in maintaining a healthy mental and emotional state of wellbeing.
- Free CrossFit membership for 3-6 months
- 2 x Dexa scans (performed at the beginning and conclusion of the case study) to track improvements made to muscular strength and body composition
- Tailored meal plan from Target Nutrition
- Better coordination, flexibility, accuracy, balance, agility, speed, stamina, power and cardiovascular capacity
- Potential to enhance mental health and overall wellbeing
- Weekly reviews will be conducted to monitor the successful candidate’s adherence to the sponsorship agreement. Specific criteria for review will be outlined in the sponsorship agreement. CrossFit Border reserves the right to terminate the sponsorship at any point if the criteria is not being met.
How to Apply
To apply, please outline why you would be an ideal candidate for the CrossFit Border Youth Development Sponsorship via a written or video application and email it to [email protected] . Your application should be no more than 1000 words or 5 minutes for video submissions and should cover the following:
- A bit about yourself: your age and a bit about your current lifestyle – eating habits, confidence levels, overall health and wellbeing
- Why you are interested in trying CrossFit and what you hope to achieve from the sponsorship
- Your current fitness level and any sports you are currently involved in (please note: no pre-existing fitness level is required to be successful)
- How you would plan to record your progress via vlogs / journals / social media. Please include a link to your current social media channels